Thursday, July 7, 2011

Refashioned t-shirt (green tank with elastic)

Hubby sorted through his t-shirt collection and rounded up a nice stash he doesn't wear anymore. Then, he gave them to me so I could do some more refashioned t-shirts!

The first shirt I took scissors to was a green shirt (with some lighter more faded areas) with a rather large logo across the chest.

Since I didn't want the logo on the refashioned shirt, I simply turned the shirt inside out. Goodbye logo and hello nice solid green shirt.


The photo above shows the first cuts I made to the shirt. The sides are a little uneven in the picture, but were trimmed more evenly before sewing.

With the NEW right sides together (logo on the outside) I sewed along the two sides of the shirt with a zig zag stitch.

I then cut off the collar of the shirt (and removed the tag)



Now, to finish off the shirt, I simply sewed elastic on the inside of the neck and armholes. I left those edges all raw. Since the edges kind of roll and ruffle a bit, you can see the lighter shades of green on the neck and armholes.




10 comments:

  1. cutre!
    I'm a fan of refashioning t shirts as well. Thanks for sharing.
    Andee
    P.S. visiting from house of hepworths

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm all aver t-shirts refashions! love your with the elastic on the armholes and neck! :) visiting from simply designing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute!! It came out great!! I am visiting from The Girl Creative and I am your newest follower!!
    Hope you have a great week and that I see you at my blog sometime!
    Michelle
    www.delicateconstruction.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that green! Come see a dress shirt skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks great - the elastic with raw edges is a cool, cute look!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there- found you through Sew Much Ado's hop and am a new follower. Very simple and classic shape. Great idea! I hope you have time to follow my life in South Africa by http://withoutcomplexities.blogspot.com

    I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool! I have been experimenting with upcycling shirts so i like seeing everyone's ideas :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for linking up to Mad Skills Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Turn the shirt inside out! This is so out of the box and give a spark in my mind! Great job and thanks for sharing such a good tip!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and advice! Thanks in advance :)