As much as I LOVE this pattern, if I do make another coat, I may use another pattern in my stash... I'm still undecided.
Check out my original post for when this coat was completed.
I have no idea if I did the buttons "correctly" but it works, and I used what I had on hand.
Anyways, the pictures Hubby & I took in our costumes all turned out blurry for some reason. So, we'll probably take a few more tomorrow, which I will post soon!
To check out more posts (lots of details) about how I made our costumes, click on the "William and Kate" tab on the side of my blog, or "Wedding gown" if you're just interested in Kate's dress.
But wait, the details are supposed to be black and yellow (I couldn't find yellow cording at the store) So, out came my favorite art supplies: the puffy paint. I used a paint brush to carefully paint all of the white cording yellow.
First of all, I cut black fabric to sew at the base of each sleeve. Using that fabric to determine the width, I cut black felt into the shape shown below. There will be one of those felt pieces on each sleeve.
The yellow color it turned out was perfect for what I needed. But, I still didn't get my hopes up. When I went to rinse the cording out after dying it, all the dye washed down the drain and my cord was stark white again. LOL. So, on to the new method.... painting it. I need to pick up a better yellow paint from the store, mine are too bright.
And here, are the items I will "decorate" the costume with. I have a plan in my head for all of this... I just hope it works out!
Here I have all the fabric cut out, which took forever! (good thing for watching old TV-show re-runs in the background)