Here's where that project went since that post:
1) I cut fabric (with seam allowances) based on the paper pattern I made for the chair.
2) I sewed right sides together leaving the bottom edge open (I will hand stitch this together on the chair when it is complete)
3) I reassembled the chair (having to make holes in the fabric for some screws in the frame to fit through)
** for fabric reinforcement where the screws were to pass through it, I had a strip of two additional pieces of fabric that followed the frame, made button holes and used fray check around the screws location**
I made putting this chair back together more annoying than it had to be :)
4) Inspect the new fabric cover for the chair (before sewing the bottom shut)
In my case, the fabric cover was too large. (hmm I guess it would have been a good idea to actually make measurements hahaha)
More to come on this project, right now I need to take the chair back apart and sew the fabric case 1/2" smaller.