Monday, August 22, 2011

Refashioned t-shirt (pintuck sunburst)

I'm not sure how I feel about this shirt yet... but here it goes:

Before:

1) Flip the shirt inside out to get rid of the huge logo.

2) Find a tank top or shirt that fits well and use it as a guide to make the shirt the correct size (be sure to add a seam allowance!)


3) Cut the sleeves smaller (if desired)


4) Sew the sides of the shirt so the inside of the shirt now has the logo on it.

5) Sew the sleeves back on the shirt.



6) Pleat the sleeves as shown below (this is a top view of the sleeve).


7) Sew the pleat in place.


8) Turn the sleeve edge under and sew in place.



9) Sew pintucks on the right sides of the fabric (I chose to make a sunburst type of pattern, but anything works)


10) Cut the collar off of the shirt (make sure to cut the tag off too)








20 comments:

  1. wow! pretty cool! thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that is super cute. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute!
    Emily
    domesticdeadline.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super Cute- I may just have to try this with one of my husbands old tshirts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did an awesome job! We are huge fans of refashions :0)
    We would love for you to share this at our link party, Crafty Lassie Tuesday. It ends tonight at 5pm.
    www.sewstylishboutique.blogspot.com
    We are having a giveaway! Hope to see you there :)
    Heather & Rose

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that is genius! Turn inside out to get rid of the logo, I never would have thought about that I would have just thrown it away!

    I would love for you to share with my Blog Stalking Thursday Link Party Starting tomorrow!
    http://thecraftyblogstalker.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wowzer!!! This is such a great idea! My husband has a LOAD of old t's I could do this with. Thanks for the tutorial :D

    Shelley
    www.westermanfam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the pintucks! This is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is amazing! You are one talented gal to come up with that!

    I have a link party going on now, called Show & Share. I'd love to have you link this up!

    http://southernlovely.blogspot.com/2011/08/show-share-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is SO AMAZING! cute, cuTE, CUTE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice job!
    Visiting you from Workshop Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow, thats neat to see the process, thanks for linking!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is too cute! Thanks for sharing!

    Blessings & Aloha!

    ReplyDelete
  14. OH my word! I hardly recognize the shirt!!! GREAT transformation! Love how it turned out :)

    I started a new linky party at my place called DIY Diva Thursdays. My party centers around all htings DIY fashion. This would be a great project to link up and show off! HOpe to see you there :)

    Kara
    www.mineforthemaking.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow.. absolutely fantastic idea! I'm going to try this sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great tutorial! I love reconstructing boring t-shirts into something fabulous like this. So classy. I like it so much, I ended up including it on my blog... http://darlingadventures.com/?p=574
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and advice! Thanks in advance :)