Monday, August 9, 2010

temporarily instead of cutting fabric

I've previously expressed my lack of interest in the stage of cutting fabric before sewing. Well, I may have a greater appreciation for it after this project...

My hubby-to-be and I are having an outdoor wedding at the end of this month, so we've been making programs. Because the weather may be crazy hot, we loved the idea of a panel fan program. (I also liked the cootie catcher programs which show up when you search google, but we couldn't fit enough information on them)

I found this great website with downloadable templates for fan panels: http://www.wedding-paper-products.com/Fan-Programs.php We're using the smaller template which fits 3 panels per page. And, with the "light" lines.

Each of our programs contains 6 panels, so we have about 1200 to cut!

wedding program fan panels

This picture shows just shy of 100 panels (turned upside down)... we made a big dent in the pile to be cut this weekend, and have about 650 panels done.

I don't think I'll mind cutting fabric anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and advice! Thanks in advance :)