I did. And it was time consuming, but worked out alright... until I got rid of the wrong set of pattern pieces that I made for the bodice (that'll happen when you should be sleeping, not sewing) and somehow couldn't revive the muslin I made to make a new pattern.
Here's the bodice I made, before it met it's fate as a scrap piece of fabric:
I made a ton of measurements and cut some muslin for the bodice. Then, I sewed the bodice together & added a zipper.
I tried it on, and using grey thread, basted the muslin in areas that needed to be taken in so I could quickly make adjustments. (I also wrote all over my paper pattern & muslin making notes for additional length, etc.)
Then, I cut the pattern in the lining material & added boning. (not sure if I did it right, never used it before)
I'm not sure exactly what happened, but somehow the above bodice didn't make the cut. Since I couldn't find my pattern again, I pulled out my trusty real pattern stash and found one that could be modified to work.
See how the next bodice was made soon!
For a quick link to the first post on making the dress click here.
For ideas on how to accessorize the Royal wedding day look, click here.