Monday, October 17, 2011

Halloween 2011 - Royal Wedding - bodice (take 2)

When I scrapped the bodice discussed in the previous post, I decided to use an actual pattern to get quicker results for my Kate Middleton wedding day Halloween costume.

Luckily, I found McCalls 3635, which is for a 2 piece dress (top and skirt) and was nearly perfect for this costume. The top had the princess seams and zippered back that I was looking for, but the neckline had to be changed, no big deal.


I went straight to my satin to make the top from view A. Since the fabric frayed so easily, I ran fray check around the perimeter of each piece before sewing it together.




I left the neckline the way the pattern showed until I had my lace layer figured out for the bodice.



For a quick link to the first post on making the dress click here.

For ideas on how to accessorize the Royal wedding day look, click here.

1 comment:

  1. What an awesome costume you are making!!

    Can't wait to see it all finished.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and advice! Thanks in advance :)