Monday, March 29, 2010

that bikini top...

It's been hard to find nice fabric lately at the store (at least in a price range I can justify spending) so I pulled out this gem from my mountain of fabric remnants.

Back in college, I made this beauty into a stocking for my "Pippi Longstocking" halloween costume. Surprisingly there was quite a bit of fabric left, but given the fact the travel sewing machine I've been using lately is very temperamental, I decided to make something basic.

Here's an attempt to make the top of a swimming suit. If it turns out, I think I'll pair it with a brown swimming suit separate, and maybe make a small skirt/wrap in the stripes for over top? We'll see... its a work in progress.

bikini top front

bikini top back

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and advice! Thanks in advance :)