So, I used up the rest of the yarn I had, and that was that.
The final measurements of this blanket: 65" wide by 90" long, or about 5.5 feet by 7.5 feet, whew, that took quite awhile! (looks like it was 10 months or so, although I took loooooong breaks from crocheting it)
Here are some previous posts on this blanket:
first post about blanket & information on pattern (April 2010)
the blanket in May 2010
July 2010 progress
yet another July 2010 post
My cute little orange cat ate my computer cord a few days ago (which is why I have not blogged lately) but luckily a replacement cord came in the mail quicker than expected. I'm now back up and running :) That cat sure is lucky he's cute... ugh.