Wednesday, March 23, 2011

KamSnaps.com

In my cloth diaper making adventures (see this post ) I learned of a website (kamsnaps.com) where you can buy reasonably priced plastic snaps and pliers/presses. These come in handy for diapers if you don't want to use Velcro or pins. But, there are many other uses for them too; I'm thinking sunglasses cases, totes, raincoats, etc. could all have a use for some plastic snaps.

Anyways, I was a little hesitant to order from this unfamiliar website, but after reading many others reviews, etc. decided to give it a try. It was amazing! My order came in 2 days, (great for the anxious/impatient person I become while waiting for mail :) )

I bought the pliers set, with a slight cosmetic defect. Basically it has a tiny bit of rust on one spot of the pliers but is not a big deal at all (plus they sent me a free replacement part, if I wanted to remove the defective piece). In turn for the rust I got a bunch of free snaps, so I could order a variety of colors, without feeling guilty.

Here's the set up:

Pliers, awl, and screwdriver. There are different sizes of snaps so the head of the pliers has interchangeable pieces depending on the size you're using.

The 4 colors of snaps I ordered to start out. (Size 20 for most of them). I'll post a pic soon showing them in use!

I was so excited about the snaps and all of their potential that I actually placed another order to get a larger variety of colors.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your order! We hope you enjoy your snaps. Judy @ KAMsnaps.com

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and advice! Thanks in advance :)