Wednesday, May 4, 2011

McCalls M5538 top A (first stages)

Here's a look at McCalls M5538 view A in the early stages. (just past the addition of the zipper)




This pattern looks pretty easy and does not involve many pieces, but I definitely had to stare at it for awhile to figure out a couple of steps. I wasn't too supprised though, because before starting this pattern I had read several reviews where others had difficulty with a few steps of the process.


Step 7 was what slowed me down. I couldn't figure out how the front facing was supposed to go onto the collar. (I'm not sure if this was the same problem other reviewers had or not)


I think I was having one of those moments, where I just couldn't think anymore... went to bed, and magically it made sense the next day. Here's a look at how it went (assuming I did it correctly):


The picture above is of the inside of the top. Piece 9 has to be sewn onto the 2nd cut of the collar piece (lining up the markings) Then, the two collar pieces are attached (step 8) and so on and so on.



1 comment:

  1. I'm on this step for view D and completely lost LOL

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and advice! Thanks in advance :)