Sunday, May 15, 2011

Yuck! Washing fabric...

I hate pre-washing fabric. I feel so wasteful putting such a small amount into the wash and running a cycle (even if it's an express load) so I generally mix things I know that I shouldn't...

Somehow I have never had a problem in the past... until this one recent incident shown below (click on the pictures below for a larger view)


Hello blue sock monkey feet and blue bird background that was supposed to be tangerine!

When I purchased the blue fabric for Hubby's robe, I was expecting an order from fabric.com to come in the mail any day. So, I actually waited to throw the whole load together.... yeah, I know, dumb! The blue fabric absolutely should have been done separately.

I think I've finally learned my lesson. I ended up washing the two flannels again on their own after they turned colors hoping some of the dye would come out. Looks like I didn't save any water in the long run.

The flannels are still usable... but much less cute than before. (the before pictures were taken from fabric.com)

Too bad this didn't get me out of laundry duty!

2 comments:

  1. OH NO! I never prewash fabric (even though I really should). This makes my case!LOL
    Thanks for stopping by my blog as well.
    ~Michelle
    www.falafelandthebee.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always throw different colors in together! Maybe I should be more careful hehe....

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and advice! Thanks in advance :)