Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Pattern Review - McCalls 8524

It's a good time of year for a robe (at least here... it's getting cold!).  Here's a look at the original post I wrote about the mens robe I made for Hubby several months ago using McCalls pattern 8524.


Here's my pattern review:

Pattern Description: Men's Sleepwear (Robe, nightshirt, shorts, pants)
I sewed View A which is the longer length of the loose fitting wrap robe.

Pattern Sizing: S, M, L
I cut a Medium

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Yes

Were the instructions easy to follow? Very easy to follow

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? I liked how quick and easy it was, I did not like the amount of hand sewing it suggested doing (I used my machine instead)

Fabric Used: flannel

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: I didn't do any hand sewing on this pattern. I finished off all of the edging and cuffs by turning them under and sewing them with a straight stitch on my machine, which went pretty quickly.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
Yes, if I had a reason to sew another men's robe, I would use this pattern again. It was really quick and easy, and my husband really likes how it turned out. I might give the pants or shorts pattern a try sometime.
I would definately recommend this pattern to others.

Conclusion: This pattern is great for beginners, or just as a simple project if you're looking for something that doesn't require much thought. The robe I made turned out like the pattern envelope picture, and according to my husband is very comfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and advice! Thanks in advance :)