Thursday, June 16, 2011

McCall's pattern M5538 View C

Way back in May I posted about the stages of sewing McCall's pattern M5538 view A the fleece top for Hubby. That post included my moment of clueless-ness about the pattern and how it worked out :) Then, I posted the middle and end stages of M5538 view A.

I made mention that I would be sewing view C (a full zip jacket) for myself... Well, here it is:



Huge as ever. Hubby has another new jacket :) I knew that this pattern ran large (from reading reviews) so tried cutting it a little smaller. Clearly not small enough haha. I suppose since the pattern is unisex, my vision of a tightly fitted, small fleece jacket was a little off base.

On the plus side, it was a quick and easy sew (especially the second time around) and even though I probably won't wear it, someone else will!

You may also recall another family member benefited from all the fleece I bought to make the jacket and top... as I used the leftover fleece to make a cat bed for Gator.

1 comment:

I love comments and advice! Thanks in advance :)