Friday, July 23, 2010

bad BAD Beagle

Several months ago, hubby-to-be and I picked out a new couch. Our beagle, who is a year old has half of the house to roam freely, which includes our living room (the other half is for our scaredy cat). Well, we brought the couch home, put it in our living room, and it was instant love for beagle. He could now look out the window and see what was going on in the outside world.
red couch
We were a little hesitant to leave him with this new furniture, so every few hours I would check on him to make sure all was well. And, it was. He was a really good little guy...
beagle being good on red couch

...for about a week. Then, as I was studying in another room, I decided to take a break to play with the little guy. I never heard any ruckus... but was speechless when I saw a VERY guilty looking Beagle sitting on the back of the couch. Oh, and stuffing all over the floor. He had thrown one of the back cushions off of the couch and decided to dissect it. There was no way for beagle to deny his role in this mess... he had a chunk of stuffing hanging out of his mouth.

Anyways, we were able to order a replacement pillow. BUT I still would like to fix the old one, and keep the other "on hand" in case it's needed in the future. The nice new one hopefully can be for when he is a little older, and A LOT better trained It seems like an easy enough fix, assuming I can find some matching fabric. Plus, it should be kind of hidden... though the hole is near the top. Here is what needs to be fixed : (it looked a lot worse before... not so bad now)

aftermath of beagle on red couch

Suggestions on how to patch that?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and advice! Thanks in advance :)