Thursday, December 23, 2010

Bracelet / Headband

I love making loop chains (I don't know what this is actually called... do you?). I used to do this a lot with yarn when I was younger, so for old times sake figured I'd try it out again.

Instead of yarn, I grabbed a spool of ribbon (one of the many left over from my wedding :) ) and made a loop chain (finger weaving?).

To do this, make a loop at the end of the ribbon big enough for your fingertips to fit through it. Next, stick your fingers through the loop and pull the ribbon through. This forms a new loop through which you will stick your fingertips in and pull the next loop.


(sorry for the blurry picture)

Continue this looping process to the desired length.


I made my loop chain long enough to be a bracelet wrapped around twice.


OR, it can be used as a headband. I think it would look better to make another chain so the headband had two spaced a little bit apart.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and advice! Thanks in advance :)