Friday, December 17, 2010

Christmas card clothespins

Hubby and I were looking for a way to display Christmas cards in our living room that was a little more "married couple" and a little less "college dorm room".

In the past, I have dug out my hemp, strung it across the wall, and used my trusty bobby pins to fasten the pictures and cards onto the string. Though this method works, we decided to veer from that path :)

Instead we painted and decorated craft sized clothespins in two different sizes, medium and small. We used a mint green color for the background of the clothespins that we were going to decorate. Then, we used fine tipped markers to draw seasonal images onto the clothespins. The smaller size was harder to decorate. I then painted several clothespins silver (with puffy paint, since every project must involve that!), and we left those plain.


Finally, we strung a plaid red and green 1 1/4" ribbon across the corner of our living room and tied bows with the ribbon on each end. The holiday cards were then hung up with the clothespins. (the small clothespins work really well on horizontal picture cards)

I think the clothespins turned out cute, but at the same time, I feel like I cheated on my bobby pins... I use those for everything. They're kind of like duct tape to me!

2 comments:

  1. I love this idea, it's so festive! I going to have to try this one. Have a Merry Christmas! Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great idea and you'll love them more every year when you get the decorations out.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and advice! Thanks in advance :)